Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"The commitments you make determine who you can become.....and the commitments you honor define who you are."

It seems like I just want to start running but I don't know where to. I feel so scattered in my life that I can't commit to or focus on one thing. Where do i see myself in 5 years? In 10 years? I dont know. It's so weird because 5 years ago I had my ENTIRE life planned out. I would graduate optometry school, meet the man of my dreams, get married, have my own optometry, make beautiful babies and just live the dream. But now, I just feel lost in a sea of unknowns. My biggest concern is my career. What do I see myself doing for the rest of my life? Something that will make GREAT money, yet would be flexible with my schedule and allow for me to be a dedicated wife and mother. I often wonder exactly what Arthur's career would be like. How fast will he move up and reach his goals? How much is he capable of? What doors will life open for him? How successful will he be? I pray that we get to live a comfortable life. I understand that life can't always be peachy, but I hope were okay for the most part.

I want to be able to have a goal so I can laser focus on it and go for it. Right now there is way to much going on. Wedding planning, school, work, family/friends, and house work. I'm finding it so hard to be able to focus on somethings without losing track of the other. Hopefully within the next year, once I'm married and settled, I will be able to understand what I want out of life so I can commit and go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment